Working Together to Save Water
Larry’s Water Conservation Toolbox Program, commonly called Larry’s Toolbox, is a program for our retail water providers that incentivizes water conservation initiatives. The North Fort Bend Water Authority "NFBWA" provides rebates for successfully completing the program. Larry's Toolbox has many initiatives that your retail water provider may participate in.
- W.I.S.E. Guys: A licensed irrigator will provide a comprehensive evaluation of your system—checking the water patterns and frequency settings on the controller.
- Resident Water Conservation Rebate: Rebates are offered to customers that purchase and install high efficiency water equipment.
- High Water Usage Notifications: Correspondence is sent to a predetermined percentage of the community to inform them that their overall monthly water usage is higher than the average resident.
- Conservation information: Correspondence is sent out encouraging water conservation actions that residents can take.
- Tiered Rate Structures: Billing systems are set up so that the more water you use, the more you pay. The tiered, or staggered, rates are effective in helping consumers see the impact of high water usage and encouraging water savings.
Are you a retail water provider or consultant looking for additional guidance? Click here for information on how to successfully implement Larry's Toolbox for your community.
Why We Created Larry's Toolbox
We started this program because we saw a need to incentivize water conservation while rewarding our retail water providers for all the hard work they do.
Larry’s Toolbox offers water conservation initiatives, each worth a set number of points, that the participants sign up for. If the participant can achieve 9 points in the program year, they will start receiving a rebate the next year on all water usage fees.
It’s a voluntary program that currently has 52 of our retail water providers enrolled!
Earn credits when you purchase and install high efficiency water equipment.