Well Permits

Everything you need to know about the NFBWA aggregate well permit through the Fort Bend Subsidence District.

Apply for a New Well

The North Fort Bend Water Authority "NFBWA" holds an aggregate well permit through the Fort Bend Subsidence District "FBSD" on behalf of all non-exempt water wells owned by our Groundwater Reduction Plan "GRP" Participants.

GRP Participants are entities or private well owners located within the NFBWA boundary and entities located outside of our boundary that are included in the NFBWA GRP by contract. View our online interactive map to help determine if your entity is one of our GRP Participants.

Steps to receive approval for a new well permit:

  1. Fill out a new well request form and submit completed form to NFBWA@bgeinc.com to be considered for approval.
  2. After receiving an approval letter from the NFBWA, apply for a well permit from the FBSD.

Well Permits


New well permit application

Apply for a new well permit for NFBWA consideration.


Well permit renewal request

Forms should be submitted by September 1 of each year.


Current well permits

Link to download the 2021-2022 well permits. Contact us for historical well permits.

Stay Current

Sign up for our newsletter for water-saving tips, infrastructure updates, and more.